Running Media on the Web
Full Length Running Movies:
- Running Madness- A documentary on the Western States 100 mile run shot in 2002!!! Know your roots homie. This is Scott Jurek, Tim Tweitmeyer, Ian Torrance, Ann Trason, Dean Karnazes, Catra Corbett. Legends and pioneers of awesomness.
- Spirit of the Marathon- Free full length documentary that follows 5 distinctly different runners through the training process for (and the running of ) the Chicago Marathon with interviews of running legends like Alberto Salazar, Grete Watz, Dick Beardsley, Bill Rodgers & John Bingham interspersed throughout the film. Part 2 was in theatres for one night only June 12th 2013. Click here for more info.
- Full length "Running for life" documentary on Kenyan runners preparation for the Olympics
- Prefontaine starring Jared Leto as Steve Prefontaine
- Steve Prefontaine Documentary: Fire on the track
- Running on the sun. A documentary about running the Bad Water 135 in Death Valley
- The 3000 mile men: A running documentary about running across the United States
- Running to the Limits - Part 1: A four part series following a mans quest to go from the couch to an Olympic caliber runner in Britain.
- 14,115 Feet: Pikes Peak Marathon Documentary
- PBS- NOVA- Marathon Challenge: A 1 hr documentary following 12 people from sedentary to marathon in 9 months.
- Born to run: The secrets of the Kenyan Athletics: Former Irish athlete and 5,000m world champion Eamonn Coghlan travels to Kenya's highlands to uncover a little-known story - the role of Irish missionaries in securing Kenya's dominance in world athletics.
Trail running videos specific to the San Francisco Bay Area
- 2014 Lake Sonoma 50 mile
- Ultra Sports Live.TV - 2013 San Francisco 50 & 100 Mile Ultramarathon
- Salomon Running TV S2 E15 - Door to Trail
- East Bay Trail Videos- A small collection of trail videos from the East Bay Area
- Presidio Trail Run in San Francisco
- The Dipsea Documentary trailer
- Save Mount Diablo
- Miwok 100k 2009 (Part 1 of 2) - Miwok 100k (Part 2 of 2)
- The Dipsea Demon Documentary trailer
- Emerging Running Technology by Scott Dunlap
- Salomon Running TV Season 1 - featuring various members of Team Salomon
- Running Vancouver- A 6 part series following runners on their way to the Vancouver starting line
- Killians Quest Season 1 - featuring Killian Jornet
- V02Max Production - Sage Canaday's videos on everything running
Trail running lectures & documentary style videos
- East Coast Trail Speed Record- Ultrarunner Gary Robbins documentary of his record breaking run on the East Coast of Canada
- Krissy Moehl - TedxTalks- Her take on Ultra Trail running & the WS100
- Discovery Channel: Toughest race on earth with James Cracknell- Olympian James Cracknell takes on the Marathon de Sables
- Horses + Fire- Jacob Burcham training for a sub 4 minute mile
- The Mountain Runners Trailer- Trailer for the documentary about the Mount Baker Marathon of 1911
- Journey- Running in the US National Parks
- Tarawera Ultramarathon 2014 - Television Broadcast
- Transvulcania Ultramarathon 2014- Official Documentary
- Above and Beyond Bad Water: The incredible story of Akos Konya
How-to/Motivational/ Inspirational Videos
- Mountain Running Tips from Max King & Tommy Manning
- 1Hundred: Train to be ultra- A video series on how to run the Leadville 100
- The story of Roger and his cause.
- How bad do you want it?
this podcast featuring Dr Phil Maffetone. In it he thoroughly explains his heart rate based approach to training world class athletes. Really interesting for those who are looking to step up to the next level.
- Endurance Planet
- Embrace Running (San Fran locals)
- Talk Ultra
- Trail Runner Nation
- Ultra Runner Podcast
- Ben Greenfield Fitness
- Runner Academy with Matt Johnson
- Dirt Dawg's Running Diatribe
- Marathon Training Academy